Patient Administration (PAD)
PAD provides high quality, patient focused, easily accessible and comprehensive support for the medical readiness of our Armed Forces and all other eligible beneficiaries by directing and managing all medical records functions throughout the installation and our area of responsibility.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA):
Relationship-based care focused on the whole person and understanding and respecting each patient's unique needs, culture, values and preferences. The practice actively supports the patients in learning to manage and organize their own care at the level they choose. Recognition that the family members are also core members of the care team and are included in establishing goals and care plans.
Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP)
- When you receive treatment at this military facility or clinic, you will be given a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP). This document details how your medical information may be used and with whom it may be shared. When you receive this, we will ask you to sign a form acknowledging receipt of this notice.
- You may choose what language in which to read the NOPP
HIPAA and Privacy
- Congress enacted the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 to:
- Combat waste, fraud and abuse
- Improve portability of health insurance coverage
- Simplify health care administration
- All military and civilian health care plans, health care clearinghouses and health care providers who electronically conduct financial and administrative transactions must comply with HIPAA. TRICARE, military hospitals and clinics, providers, regional contractors, subcontractors and other business associate relationships fall within these categories. HIPAA's Privacy Rule and Security Rule relate specifically to the privacy and security of your protected health information (PHI).
Active Duty (AD)
AD may request a copy of their medical record by completing and signing the DD Form 2870
. Once completed and signed, you may encrypt and send it from your mail.mil e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAC holders may also use DoD SAFE to encrypt and send their completed and signed DD Form 2870
. For instructions, please read the DoD SAFE Instructions located in the publications tab.
TOL Patient Portal
You can also download a list of your medications, lab results, vital signs, allergy profile radiology results, immunization records and encounter information from TOL Patient Portal
More than likely, because you are no longer in the service, your records are now kept at the National Archives
in either St. Louis or San Antonio. We highly recommend you reach out to them first before contacting our office here. If you still need to reach us for records as a veteran, please call 520-533-5185.
Care is coordinated across the spectrum to include specialty care, hospitals, home care and community services and support. This is a critical component during transitions of care between sites such as when a patient is discharged from a hospital.
Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES)
IDES maintains a ready and fit military organization to enable maximum use of available manpower. IDES provides benefits for eligible Soldiers whose military service is terminated due to wound, illness or injury while in an active duty (AD) status, and provides prompt disability processing while ensuring that the rights and interests of the Government and the Soldier are protected. The DES process identifies all medical conditions that impact military occupational function for the purposes of determining fitness for duty and entitlement to military and/or Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation. Identification of conditions and determining entitlement to benefits requires extensive review of documented medical information.
Your health and safety are our TOP priority!