The Population Health Nurse is RWBAHC’s main resource for health promotion and disease prevention activities. Population Health manages patient populations and ensures appropriate preventive care services as recommended by the U. S. Preventive Services Task Force. Preventive care services include health screenings, checkups, and other medical procedures to prevent illnesses, disease, or other health problems.
If you are due for a preventive screening listed below, please contact your healthcare team by:
Preventive Screenings include but are not limited to:
Breast Cancer Screening:
Mammograms remain the gold standard for early detection of breast cancer. Tricare covers screening mammograms for women ages 40 to 74 every year.
- A network referral must be placed and approved by Tricare prior to booking a mammogram with a network diagnostic center.
Cervical Cancer Screening:
A pap smear is recommended at least every 3 years for woman aged 21-65.
- To schedule a pap smear, contact your health care team.
Colon Cancer Screening:
It is recommended for both women and men ages 45-75 to be screened for colorectal cancer.
- Contact your healthcare team to discuss Tricare covered screening options that are right for you.
Diabetes A1C Screening:
It is recommended for all diabetics to have an A1C blood test drawn at least every year.
- Contact your healthcare team to request laboratory orders.
Babies should have at least 6 well baby visits during their first 15 months of life. Then every year until age 18. These visits will assess for growth/development and the administration of immunizations as recommended.
- To schedule a well-baby/child, contact the central appointment line.