Raymond W. Bliss Army Health Center (RWBAHC) is proud to support our active duty service members on Ft. Huachuca and and regional medical readiness requirements with providers experienced in the unique operational demands of our force. We are well-versed in regulation and Army doctrine related to retention, separation and deployability.
Within the main clinic, we support active, reserve, and guard service members, units, and commanders by placing and reviewing profiles (eProfile), tracking and clearing medical readiness (MEDPROS), completing Periodic Health Assessments (PHAs), audiology (hearing) and vision screening, in/out-processing, pre- and post-deployment health assessments, and the initiation and monitoring of the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES), also commonly referred to as an MEB.
Flight medicine needs and care for aviators is most often completed at the MI Student Clinic by a trained flight surgeon. Commanders and service members are welcome to contact the primary care provider, the information desk, or our medical director for specific readiness and military medicine questions.
We are equipped to complete all specialty school (SFAS, Ranger, etc.), OCS, WOCS, retirement, separation and chapter physicals, fitness for duty evaluations, and provide guidance to service members and commanders on the same. If you need to schedule a physical, all necessary forms are located on the Physicals Forms page
and need to be completed before calling the appointment line to schedule your physical.
Physical Exams are completed in 2 parts.
You must be enrolled in our clinic to complete a physical with us (if you are stationed on Ft Huachuca can skip this step).
- Call the RWBAHC appointment line at 520-533-9200 to verify you are enrolled.
- If you are not enrolled complete RWBAHC Work Sheet 131 and email it to email@example.com with "ATTN: Medical Records" in the subject line.
All must be completed before an appointment with the provider can be made.
- If not completed within 6 months, complete your part 1 Periodic Health Assessment online at https://www.mods.army.mil/ and logging into the Medical Readiness Portal on a government network.
- Complete the assigned documents listed on the appropriate Physical Exam Checklist for the needed physical. Print the documents out, and bring them with you throughout the rest of the physical.
- Request appropriate tests for needed physical by contacting your care team through secure messaging at https://www.tricareonline.com/, or by requesting a T-CON be placed to your care team through the RWBAHC appointment line at 520-533-9200.
- Walk-in to RWBAHC from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Friday; and 8:30 a.m. - 12:00-noon on Thursday, to complete Laboratory, Radiology (if needed), Audiology, and Optometry.
- Dental must sign on block 84 of the DD Form 2808, and it may require an appointment. Contact the Dental clinic by calling 520-533-5329. If you see a civilian dentist, you have the option of having them complete DD Form 2813 and attaching it to the packet.
- If a Behavioral Health evaluation is required, your command must complete RWBAHC Form 491 and sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding Behavioral Health evaluations, call 520-533-5161.
Once all part 1 is complete:
- Send a copy of your Packet to your care team through secure messaging at https://www.tricareonline.com/, or drop a copy off to the front desk during normal business hours.
- The care team will contact you by phone to set up an appointment. Bring your original documents to the appointment.
- Once the part 2 appointment is complete, the documents may take up to 10 business days to be signed and finalized. You will be called when the physical is complete.
Completed packets may be picked up in person or requested through release of information by emailing the request to email@example.com